If you have read more than three posts in my blog, you will know I simply love Parmesan. It lends itself beautifully to grating unlike cheddar which has to be frozen or mozzarella which sticks to the grater and makes cleaning a mess. It’s not just the ease but it’s perfectly salty and creamy and cheesy to taste and it goes with almost anything.
So my Google-ing template is – ‘what I have in excess in the fridge/pantry’ + Parmesan + bake. And it works most of the time!
This recipe is inspired from two sources – this one here and a recipe by Venkatesh Bhat in a TV show few months ago. I brought them together and came up with this gorgeously cheesy baked mushroom. Do try.
So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Olive oil 1-2 tbsp
Garlic, minced 3 cloves
Mixed Italian seasoning 2 tsp
Grated Parmesan 3 tbsp
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Lightly grease a baking tray
- Take oil in a bowl. (See notes)
- Add the seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms and gently toss to combine.
- Transfer the mushrooms to the baking tray.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan on top
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until browned and tender, tossing occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
- There is no such thing as too much Parmesan. So feel free to add more.
- If you are not a huge Parmesan fan like moi, replace it with cheddar.
- If you want the mushrooms to be roasted to a near crisp then use 2 tbsp oil and bake for 20 minutes. Else 1 tbsp oil and 15 minutes baking should be a good deal for tender roasted mushrooms.
- I set aside some cheese to sprinkle after the baking. That’s optional.
This is part of the