When I started the CCChallenge, I thought I would blog about all the recipes from the multitudes of paper cuttings and books I picked up over the years but never looked at. But I seem to be buying new books now and the pile is simply increasing and the backlog becoming worse!
This recipe is from the latest book that I bought – My Kitchen Years by Ruth Reichl. It a beautifully written book and talks a lot about the comfort and bliss cooking a meal brings to the cook.
So here goes –
WHAT WE NEED
Apples, medium size 6
All purpose flour 1 cup
Brown sugar 1 cup
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
Salt a pinch
Unsalted butter 4 1/2 tbsp
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven at 190C
- Peel the apples, core them and slice them thinly
- Add the lemon juice to the apples and toss well
- Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon powder and salt in a bowl
- Cut in the butter into the flour mixture and mix well
- Arrange the apples in a baking dish and pat the flour mix on top of it
- Bake for 45-55 minutes till the top is crisp and the Apple juice bubbling
This is my entry for the Cooking from Cookbook Challenge hosted by Srivalli.
Such an wonderful share ..Love it
Love the fruit based desserts. Yummy 🙂
Love this crispy and delicious looking Apple crisp.
Tell me about it!..even I thought the same and ended up cooking from books and diaries..:)..very nice bake..